Working as a Service Technician
Spend your day in a thrilling, yet safe environment working on turbines for one of the leaders of the industry.
The Service Technician role is to maintain and troubleshoot complex hydraulic and electrical controls circuits to maintain a wind turbine. The customer relies on our safe work practices, technical acumen, teamwork, leadership and fiscal stewardship to maintain the turbines in their best condition to generate power at the lowest overall cost.
* Closely adheres to all safety standards and procedures.
* Demonstrates integrity, strong initiative, work ethic, as well as a focus on safety and quality of work on a continuous basis as well as performs basic level wind turbine service and/or installation tasks as assigned.
* Performs basic level wind turbine service and/or installation tasks as assigned.
* Demonstrates strong customer focus at all times Interfaces with customer at a minimal level; may respond to some basic customer inquiries and will refer most customer inquiries to higher level technical staff or manager.
* This role will require travel, working overtime, including working a flexible and variable work schedule as needed to meet business objectives
* High school diploma or equivalent and a minimum one (1) years' experience working with hydraulic, electrical, mechanical and/or composite skills OR in absence of experience, a certificate of completion from an accepted Wind Technician program of equivalent scope
* Ability to demonstrate basic industrial safety practices / protocols including LOTO and Test-Verify-Test as well as experience using basic power and hydraulic tools
* Valid Driver's License and ability to obtain a Passport
* Experience using basic power and hydraulic tools.
* Basic computer operation skills and familiarity with internet-based program navigation and the ability to read, interpret and understand basic drawings and schematics Competencies
* Ability to climb stairs and ladders 60-125 meters in height; lift, push, pull, carry items up to 50 lbs in weight; stand, stoop, kneel, and bend for prolonged periods of time; work in confined spaces and at heights over 100 meters.
* Encourages and recognizes others completing safe acts and intervenes when unsafe acts are practiced.
* Effectively contributes to a strong team environment through assisting team mates in accomplishing mutual goals, supporting and promoting team spirit and cooperation.
* Proactively looks for improvement opportunities to job related processes and procedures and communicates through appropriate channels
* Strong attention to detail and ability to follow directions with precise execution * Good interpersonal and customer relation skills
* Able to effectively collaborate with employees at all professional levels and ability to respectfully follow supervision
Spencer Ogden is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.