Wireless Firmware Engineer- Smart Metering
Job type: Permanent
Job reference: : BBBH124857
Location: England, Hampshire, Basingstoke
Sector: SMART Metering, Utilities
Date posted: 25/04/2018
This vacancy has now expired.
Spencer Ogden are seeking a Wireless Firmware Engineer for a permanent opportunity based in Basingstoke
Our client are an innovator within Smart Technologies and work alongside several key energy suppliers. Due to company growth and recent new projects and contracts they are seeing a Wireless Firmware Engineer.
As the successful candidate you will work within the R&D team, working on some of the biggest projects in the smart metering landscape. This will see you working on new products which include the latest generation of Smart Meters and Comms Hubs, as well as new products. You will help design and develop the wireless firmware within the product range as well as working with the development team and testing teams with all wireless firmware.
As the successful candidate you will posses the following:
- Degree in Engineering
- 5 -10 years of Embedded C programming
- Good working knowledge of embedded RTOS
- Previous experience of low level embedded processor/micro controller
- Previous experience and knowledge of secure coding, MISRA
- Knowledge of wireless technologies (ZigBee, Bluetooh, 3GPP, IoT) and of ZigBee
- Previous experience in 'over the air' protocol analysis and testing
- Experience of design and development of low power systems.
- Knowledge of smart metering (DLMS, GBCS)
- Previous experience in agile software development
In return you will be rewarded with a competitive salary and benefits
For more information about this role please contact our London office