- Dismantling, inspection, condition assessment & subsequent reporting on the received equipment
- Communicate with contract engineers, service engineers and supervisors to propose repairs, refurbishment and processes to return identified equipment to a serviceable condition and to the relevant specifications.
- Carrying out various mechanical fitting activities with a degree of flexibility and integrity and working efficiently to achieve "on time" targets of an excellent quality to company procedures
- A pro-active approach to health, safety and environmental practices in the workshop at all times and assist in driving the required culture by adopting our key safety values
- Ensure all pre-safety checks are completed, and that all equipment and guarding in the fitting area is maintained to a high standard where appropriate liaising with Team Leader/Manager
- Work with Team Leader/Manager to ensure accurate and on time completion of equipment repairs, completing strip down reports, assembly rebuild records, Quality plan, Workshop Instructions, Balance Certificates and Pressure Test Records where applicable to meet departmental daily/weekly work schedules
- Accountable for the part and full assembly of identified equipment, Balancing, Pressure Testing and Customer acceptance testing
- Ensure the POWRA Board is completed and relevant to the task
- Ensure a high level of housekeeping and that your area of responsibility is visitor ready at all times using 5 S Techniques; actively participate where required to support the business continuous improvement projects
Education and/or Experience:
Time served craftsperson in appropriate discipline or relevant qualifications and job experience for e.g. Modern Apprenticeship in Mechanical Manufacturing Engineering (Fitting & Assembly). Experience with rotating equipment would be advantageous.
For more information about this role please contact our Manchester office