x4 Data Scientist - Cambridge - £60,000 +Benefits
Job Type: Permanent
Job reference: :
Job Reference: 0000
Location: England, Cambridgeshire, London
Sector: Technology, IT Strategy & Transformation, Utilities
Salary: £90000 - £100000 per annum
Date Posted: 01/12/2016
Spencer Ogden are currently working with a key client seeking Data Scientists to join their London based office.
You will work on their highly scalable solution (close to a billion users) and deal with challenges that very few companies encounter on a day to day basis. You will be part of a select few working within this department so if you want a challenge and fast track your career this may just be the role for you!
My client are looking for world-class data scientists who will help them achieve the highest ROI possible via driving deep data analytics.
You will design and build the analytics platform which includes data collecting, processing pipeline and reporting; conduct A/B tests and review analytics initiatives.
If you are passionate about data, not afraid of dealing with large data sets, and can tell a story using data, this is the job for you!
-Masters degree in science/engineering with programming experience
-At least 5 years of experience in big data analytics
-2-3 years of practical experience with relational and non-relational databases such as (preferably) Cassandra, MongoDB, Hive, HBase
- Practical experience working with technologies such as (preferably) Cassandra, Storm, Kafka, or other non-relational databases, including configuration and management of installations on virtual machines
- A good level of working
-Self-starter, strong sense of ownership, getting things done
-A background in Statistics
Ideally you will have experience with the following:
* Proficiency in SQL
* Proficiency in a NoSQL query language such as CQL, Hive or Pig
* Experience in other scripting or programming languages
* Experience working with large time-series datasets
* Experience with common data science toolkits, such as R, Weka, NumPy or MatLab
* Capable of instructing and advising in new Big Data techniques
* Interest in new Big Data technologies
* Experience of Linux use and administration
The opportunity is unique as you will be working on an enormous platform driving Billions of revenue.
Salary is up to £60,000 plus an exceptional benefits package.
If this is of interest, and you have the relevant skill set please send an up to date CV IMMEDIATELY! Interviews can be arranged at short notice.
For more information about this role please contact our London office