- Location: City of London
- Salary: £375 - 450 per day
Why join Spencer Ogden?
Our mission is to be the go-to Sustainability Staffing leader, globally. Over the years, we have been recognised for numerous global awards including, most recently, the Best and Brightest in Wellness 2021 & 2022, The 2022 Top Workplaces, and the 2022 Sustainability Award.
Established in 2010, there are now 13 offices globally, over 400 employees, and turning over circa £135m in sales. We are industry experts holding a leading position within the Sustainability, Infrastructure, and Natural Resources sectors. This is an exciting time to join the business as we look to further invest in the capability of the finance function.
We are looking for a candidate to start asap. This is a contract role to June 2024, with a possible extension to the end of 2024.
To be successful in your application for the role, you will need to be able to demonstrate the following skills & experience:
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified.
- Ability to influence and work with people in other jurisdictions.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to deliver a project / process on time / deadline driven.
- Relevant finance, commercial and accounting experience, knowledge and skills.
- Experience of operating in a global, multi-currency business environment.
- Able to set the agenda on adding value through innovative ideas.
- Driving own initiatives.
- Disciplined, detailed and organised with an analytical approach.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Review regional P&Ls, investigating variances to budget to be reported in the management accounts.
- Partner and support regional finance teams on understanding of period results in conjunction with Finance director/CFO.
- Take ownership of the month-end close timetable. Manage and deliver all monthly Group Reporting as per agreed deadlines.
- Monthly consolidation of all entities for month-end close including preparation of balance sheet and cash flow.
- Prepare monthly group consolidation packs for inclusion in the finance pack.
- Take ownership of KPI reporting with analysis and gathering historical data.
- Prepare Bank packs and other reporting (including dilutions) and commentaries to send to bank monthly.
- Review regional balance sheet recs with regional controllers.
- Take ownership of the treasury function, communicating effectively with regional counterparts.
- Oversee Cash management, including foreign currency management / hedging, cash forecasting and banking.
- Prepare monthly cashflow forecast for inclusion in the management accounts.
- Prepare quarterly rolling forecast to be submitted to CFO for review.
- Manage inter-company transactions, reconciliations, and eliminations to ensure accurate group financial reporting.
- Take ownership of the budget timetable and budgeting process.
- Produce models to aid budget guidance.
- Review/perform budget analysis to regional/Group P&Ls.
- Take ownership of group related spend.
- Prepare budget packs in Anaplan for presentation to the board.
- Prepare audit schedules and source files for inclusion in stat accounts.
- Liaise with regions and manage the completion of PBC list, respond to audit queries, complete year-end tasks.
Other Ad hoc tasks
- Collaborate with & provide assistance to regional finance teams but also, tax and FP&A manager.
- Ad hoc requests for financial info from board, head of tax etc.
- Assist GFD, FP&A Manager and the board with ad hoc requirements, including project work.
- Understanding transfer pricing policies and requirements.
- Identify and Support all process and/or system improvements across the company where finance is impacted.
We Are Disability Confident
Spencer Ogden is committed to making our recruitment process as inclusive as possible for everyone. We are committed to promoting equality and diversity and developing a culture that values differences. Should you require additional support for your application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information or alternative application processes to support your needs.
Our Recruitment Process
Submit your CV and reach out to the talent team for a confidential chat and further discussions regarding the recruitment process.
We'd LOVE to speak to you all - please note, due to the volume of applicants we receive, if you have not heard from us within one week, it is likely that your application is unsuccessful.
Follow us on Instagram, Facebook, and LinkedIn to stay up to date with @spencerogden_emea & #LifeatSO #ProudToBeSO
- SalaryMarket related
Job Duties: Recruits staff membersReviews financial records and ensures that financial transactions are properly recordedReviews and approves regional treasury functions and assist with funding projections.Applies and utilizes the theoretical knowledge associated with the finance and accounting courses completed as part of his degree programs.Assists with Annual Audits.Establishes and maintains relationships with individual and business customers and assists with problems these customers may encounter.Meets with senior HR leadership on a frequent basis to assess finance team performance and potential, recommending interventions as required.Establishes and maintains Interpersonal Relationships - developing constructive and cooperative working relationships with others and maintaining them over time. Evaluates data pertaining to costs to plan budgets.Operates and trains on the following finance systems: Concur, Safe, Tempest, and Anaplan.Ensures the accuracy of entries to ledger accounts and reconciles subsidiary ledger accounts to the general ledger.Analyzes current costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations incurred to predict future revenues and expenses.Responsible for timely delivery of month close figures for the US & Canada operations.Prepares complex balance sheets, profit and loss statements and other financial reports.Prepares monthly financial and reconciles reports required by HSBC.Prepares monthly, quarterly, and yearly accounting accruals.Supervises and guides the work of more junior team members.Assists with registration with state and other local agencies as required.Reviews and initiates ad-hoc payments to W2 employees as well as vendors. Requires a Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or closely related field and two years of experience as a Finance Manager, Accountant or closely related occupation.Also requires two years of experience with finance systems: SAGESAFETempestBullhornCube19ConcurConferma Has worked at recruitment firm with more than 100 employees. 10% travel required to various unanticipated locations. This Spencer Ogden Inc. position is located in Houston, TX. Please apply on the Spencer Ogden website.
- Salary£250 per day
- LocationCity of London
Are you recently qualified and ready to take your career to the next level? Look no further than Spencer Ogden, a global energy, engineering, and infrastructure recruiter offering an end-to-end recruitment service across the full project lifecycle. With a strong presence in 13 locations worldwide, including London, we are strategically positioned to cater to the needs of both clients and candidates, globally. Join us during this exciting time as we invest in the growth and development of our finance function, and as a member of our team, you will have the opportunity to make a significant impact and contribute to our success. The Role and ResponsibilitiesManagement Accounts: Conduct thorough reviews of regional P&Ls investigating variances to budget.Take ownership of the monthly consolidation process, ensuring accurate and timely reporting.Prepare monthly group consolidation packs, contributing to comprehensive finance packs.Collaborate with the FP&A Manager in month-end close activities, providing valuable analysis and historical data for new KPI reporting.Prepare margin reports, and commentaries for monthly submissions. Audit: Prepare audit schedules and source files for statutory accounts.Assist in the preparation of statutory accounts for UK entities.Liaise with regions, manage PBC lists, and respond to audit queries, ensuring a smooth year-end process. Other Ad hoc tasks: Collaborate with and support regional finance teams, as well as tax and FP&A managers.Fulfil ad hoc requests for financial information from The Board and Head of Tax.Assist the GFD, FP&A Manager, and the board with project work and other requirements.Provide cover for colleagues during their absence. Our Requirements: Newly qualified in ACA/ACCA.Preferably available to start immediately.Posess a high level of attention to detail.Process driven.Collaborative, driven, empathetic. At Spencer Ogden, we value your expertise and offer a dynamic and supportive work environment where you can thrive. Join our team and be part of a company that is shaping the future of the energy, engineering, and infrastructure sectors. We are Disability ConfidentSpencer Ogden is committed to making our recruitment process as inclusive as possible for everyone. We are committed to promoting equality and diversity and developing a culture that values differences. Should you require additional support for your application, please contact email@example.com for further information or alternative application processes to support your needs Our Recruitment ProcessSubmit your CV and reach out to the talent team for a confidential chat and further discussions regarding the recruitment process. Hit apply now!Please note, due to the volume of applicants we receive, if you have not heard from us within one week, it is likely that your application is unsuccessful. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Apply now and take the next step in your finance career with Spencer Ogden.