- Location: Edinburgh
- Salary: DoE
A team of industry experts within the realms of energy asset & risk management, regulation, and climate reporting, with a proven track record for producing the highest quality deliverables, sustaining strong client trust and engagement, and simply getting the job done are looking for a new team member. Our people share their expertise and create innovation as we partner with clients to solve complex challenges and drive change.
The projects include
- Advising corporates across all industries to increase their resilience to climate-related risks and develop strategies for opportunities in the transition.
- Advising on business related emissions and developing strategies for working towards a 'net zero' position.
- Risk management and corporate governance to advise boards and executive teams on ensuring their organisation is fit for a lower carbon world.
- Assist with the management of the integration of climate-related risks into the traditional risk types such as credit, operational risk and market risk.
- Be aware of global best practice climate risk frameworks including, the Taskforce on Climate-related Financial Disclosure (TCFD).
- Carry out research and analysis and have ability to integrate substantial quantities of constantly evolving information relating to climate on portfolios and markets.
- Keep abreast of regulatory and industry trends in the areas of energy and climate change.
- Apply your understanding of responsible investment, including regulatory regimes applicable to the integration of ESG factors into investment decision-making.
Required qualifications and skills:
- 1-3 years of experience working in climate risk or related consulting disciplines
- An excellent academic track record with a Bachelor or Master's in a related discipline such as climate change, climate finance, carbon management or sustainability.
- A passion for helping business understand climate-related risks and opportunities.
- Strong project planning and organisation skills being able to work against deadlines.
- Sound stakeholder engagement and management skills.
- Excellent research and verbal and written communication skills.
- Capability of working independently, as well as part of a team.
Desirable skills and competencies:
- Previous experience on working with the private sector on climate change either through internships or work experience.
- Knowledge on the Task Force for Climate Related Disclosures (TCFD) and carbon pricing and other market initiatives.
- Carbon accounting experience and knowledge of the GHG protocol.
- Data analysis and numerical and modelling experience.
- In depth expertise and research on renewable energy and new emerging technologies: CCS, hydrogen, etc.
- SalaryMarket related
Technical Director Would you like to be part of a team that is always striving to do things better; not just technically but ethically to positively impact the climate emergency? We are looking for like-minded individuals who can help us continue to deliver some amazing projects while having a positive impact on society.We are currently looking for a passionate Engineer to join our practice. This role offers an excellent opportunity for a creative and experienced engineers to grow within our practice and make their mark in engineering a better society. Requirements: - Have a minimum of 10 years + proven Structural Engineering experience- Chartered within the IStructE/ICE- Demonstrate sound judgement and are astute in managing medium to large projects including the associated risks, project finances and costs- Consistently seek practical, efficient, innovative, and elegant solutions- Are collaborative in liaising with clients and leading design meetings- Have the proven ability to manage the workload of self and others within tight timescales and on budget, whilst providing sound advice and guidance- Are commercially minded, with the proven ability to identify and develop new business opportunities- Managing multidisciplinary teams and a variety of projects- Drive to develop new opportunities to broaden Elliott Wood's portfolio. If successful, you would join one of our structural teams who work on a diverse range of projects including: High end commercial new build projectsComplex refurbishments of existing buildingsMass housing projectsSchool projectsArchitecturally challenging private residential projects. Benefits: Competitive SalaryCompany pension attributionPrivate HealthcarePotential bonusesWFH policy25 days of holidays + bank holidaysClear path to Director roleL&D TrainingDiscounts and vouchersAnnual salary reviewsLife Assuranceand more to be discussed. If you are a passionate, motivated engineer looking for his next challenge in a global, award-winning company then do not hesitate to apply!
- SalaryMarket related
- LocationUnited Kingdom
I am partnered with a leading renewable energy developer and due to significant expansion they seek an Electrical Engineering Manager The role would suit an experienced technical expert on electrical and grid connection matters looking to further their career. Title: Electrical Engineering ManagerReporting to: Engineering ManagerKey responsibilities: Manage all electrical aspects of projectsLead electrical systems specification, design, documentation and review in accordance with relevant standardsManage electrical protection and earthing design and reviewElectrical equipment review, specification, selection and design (including UPS, cable, meter, CT, switchgear, filter, transformer, inverter etc)Provide expert electrical engineering knowledge to the development, engineering, storage, procurement and construction teamsManage the use of 3rd party specialist expertise where needed, scope up works, manage sub-contractors / consultantsLead technical discussions with transmission and distribution utilities re new connectionsUnderstand and interpret technical aspects of grid connection agreementsSpecify design requirements for procurement of electrical service invitation to tenders (either standalone contracts or within larger balance of plant agreements)Undertake project level risk analysis of electrical / grid aspectsInput during preparation of investment budget for approval of Investment memorandum and supporting documentationDuring construction phase be point of contact for electrical / grid matters and queries. Liaising with contractor’s designers and grid utilities Key Requirements: Chartered Electrical Engineer5+ years experienceExperience of development, design and construction phases of wind farms and solar parksProficient in AutoCAD or similarExperience in PSSE and/or PowerFactoryPragmatic and creative problem solvingElectrical engineering design review, including grid connection interface, internal collection system, substation design, ancillary equipment requirementsExcellent communication skills (internal and external stakeholders and partners, technical and non-technical)
- SalaryMarket related
We have a vacancy for a DevOps Data Engineer to build and operate data pipelines and Data Factory on AWS and Microsoft Azure Platforms.The data engineer, which is an emerging role in the data and analytics team, will play a pivotal role in operationalising the most-urgent data and analytics initiatives for analytics use cases.The bulk of the data engineer's work would be in building, managing and optimizing data pipelines, working with our data scientists and technical development team to move these data pipelines effectively into production for key data and analytics consumers (for example business/data analysts, data scientists or any user that needs curated data for data and analytics use cases). Key Responsibilities Data engineers need to guarantee compliance with data governance and data security requirements while creating, improving and operationalizing these integrated and reusable data pipelines.Strong ability to integrate analytics and (or) data science results with business processesThis role will require both creative and collaborative working with the wider business.It will involve evangelizing effective data management practices and promoting better understanding of data and analytics.Data engineers will also be expected to collaborate with data scientists, data analysts and other data consumers and work on the models and algorithms developed by them in order to optimize them for data quality, security and governance and put them into production leading to potentially large productivity gains.What do I need?To be considered for this role, we would love you to have: Experience in DevOps on AWS/Azure and data management experience e.g. data profiling, large volume data handling.Extensive experience of developing using the AWS/Azure analytics components including Data Lakes, Power BI and Microsoft Visual Studio, Data Factory, HDInsight, Data Factory, SQL DB/DW, SSIS, ETL tooling and scripting languages: R, Scala, Python.Fully conversant with Agile and DevOps development methodology and concepts as applied to data driven analytics projects. Including CI/CD Coding, security testing best practice and standards.Experience with designing, building, and operating analytics solutions using AWS/Azure cloud technologies and in automated data driven testing.